Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Prayers

Ok, so I'm on a roll -- 3 blogs in 3 days! woo hoo!!! I wish I could say that this post was good news or whatever...but it's not...

I know there aren't that many of you that read my blog, but I'm begging for prayers...BEGGING!

Situation in the short form --

My mom is allowing her nephew (my cousin) to take part in illegal substances in her house. She has no regard that it could get ALL of us in trouble (me, Nathan, her, my cousin). She's like "I'm not there, so I don't care". This is so upsetting to me -- that we are all in danger of getting into trouble. I'm actually scared at the moment, b/c when she was told about it, she asked him about it, he said he wasn't doing anything wrong, and that we must have moved things to find it...huh?? it was over on the couch in the living room (where he's currently sleeping) and Nathan saw it when he went to turn the TV off that my cousin had left on.

We're not sure what to do from here -- we don't currently have the money to move out. We were shooting for a July move, b/c I've got residual money coming from my school loans for summer school, but I don't get it till then. So we were shooting for that, even though we were going to save the money for the future. Alas, I think it's more important that we get out. We have nowhere to turn -- nowhere to go. We're looking at a house on Friday (already had that scheduled) and we were going to ask him to wait till July so we could move. We need to move NOW, not in July. I have no idea where to turn for money so that we can. My dad is decently well off, but he has made it clear that he is not going to give us the other $2500 from our wedding (he allotted us 8k for the wedding, gave us $6500 for the wedding and our old house, so there is still $2500 left) until we are ready to BUY a house. We don't want to BUY anything b/c we don't know about job situations at the current moment. Nathan has several applications in NKY that he's waiting to hear about, and I'm still putting teaching apps in everywhere that I know of that needs teachers.

Does anyone know of anywhere that can help a couple get out of a bad situation? We moved in here to help my mom out and to save some money. We've done the first part, but not the second. But we need out for our own safety and sanity. I'm not sure how much we need -- I won't know that till Friday it seems (if this house goes through), or the weekend if we have to keep looking. The pastor that we need to talk to at church is out of the country till next week on mission, so we can't get in touch with him to ask for help (because I'm sure that they would help us if possible), and so many places are strapped right now, and I understand that. But I don't want to end up with a criminal record and lose my teaching career and Nathan's IT career b/c my cousin is screwing up his life. I want to make something of our lives.....

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

That really stinks! I am praying for you guys!!